How to use discord on mobile devices?
Downloading the discord application on mobile devices is easier than you can think. Here are some of the steps which you can follow and get started with the app instantly.
Installation of the App
• Open the Play store on the phone (Android). Write the name of the application “Discord” and hit search. Click on the option where it will have the icon of the multicolored triangle usually a white briefcase with the name of “Discord – Chat for Gamers.” Click on it and then press the install option to download it to your phone.
• As it downloads, press on the “open” option to start with the application.
• As the application opens, it will automatically display on the home screen of your mobile device.
• Next, enter the email address, and password which you have with discord. This email and password are the same which you used to sign up with Discord. If you don to have an account then you can click on the “sign up” option to continue with creating the account quickly.
• Login the account and you will see the interface of the discord on your phone screen.
Sending Direct Messages
• Tap the option of “All” on the top of the application interface. It will list the contacts which are under the discord account. You will see the option of “Online,” click on it to see who is online at that current moment.
• Type the name of your friend under the “Friend’s name” option. It will open up their profile for your view.
• You will also see the messaging icon on the top which enables you to pop up the chat inside the bubble. As you click on it, the chat window will appear. You can type a message in the typing area as you are done with typing your message. Press the “send” button, and it will appear in the chat box where you can start your conversation.
• If you wish to share a link, then copy the URL of the link from the browser and then paste it on the same typing area by clicking send. Similarly, to send a video or image, there is a “+” sign at the left bottom corner of the application. Click on the file and then select the image or video which you want to send with permitting the app to access your files.
• If you are already aware of the server URL, then you may skip this part. However, there are lists of discord servers on various websites which you can locate and select the one which you like.
• Next, copy the URL for the server, and there will be three lines sign on the left bottom side of the screen of the application with the “+” sign.
• Now you will be able to see the message “Join a Server with an invite link.” Tap and hold on to the same place and paste the link in that place.
• Next, the “join” button will appear on the top right side of the application screen. Click on it to be a part of the server.