How do I start my discord server?
Discord is similar to Slack but with additional features which help the gamers online. It is a chat program which anyone can use, but mostly the gamers utilize it. The text chat channels are all about games and gamers from all around the world interact.
There are both voice and text chat available for the users to keep it as the primary mode of communication. It is free of charge, and there is no hassle in setting it up. You can create your channel without any difficulty.
You will discover that there are a thousand others who have created their channels, but there is nothing to worry about. If you want to have your friends circle in one group, then consider to make your own space within the server. Today you will learn how to create your own discord server within few steps.
Steps to Create your Own Discord Server
1. Here you will have the demo of the application on the desktop for creating the discord server. You can use the same steps on the mobile device as well, but it will be convenient if you use the desktop for it.
2. Download the discord app on your desktop computer. Create an account if you do not have one already. Next, click on the “+” on the bottom left side of the screen as you log in.
3. There will be two options for you to on the screen. On is Create a server and another one is to join a server. Click on the left option of “Create a server.”
4. Now you have to name your server so choose any suitable name for it and enter it.
5. If you want to upload your picture or an image, then you can click on the right side on the circle to upload the picture from your desktop. Let the region for the server as it is and click on the “create” option on the right side of the screen.
6. Now you have your own discord server within minutes.
When you create a server, it is necessary to customize it according to your needs, so you are satisfied using it. Click on the icon of inviting friends on the left side of the screen so they can join you too.
A small window will pop up with the URL link which is temporary which you can share with anyone to join you on the server. If the user does not have the discord account then first they will be directed to make an account and then join the server. The invitations expire after one day by default so if you want to create the link again, repeat the same steps.
If you want to add voice or text chat channels, then you can click on the “+” sign to select the channels from the column which will appear on the left side of the application.
You can discover more with the application as you work on it daily. As it is your own server, make it suitable for yourself however you wish to as it is user-friendly and responds to the user's needs.